Vacancy and Post details for BSF Recruitment 2014
Name of post: Constable (Tradesmen)
- Constable (Cobbler): 148 post
- Constable (Tailor): 46 post
- Constable (Carpenter): 04 post
- Constable (Plumber): 01 post
- Constable (Painter): 08 post
- Constable (Cook): 478 post
- Constable (Water Carrier): 299 post
- Constable (Kahar): 04 post
- Constable (Washer man):236
- Constable (Barber): 107 post
- Constable (Sweeper): 316 post
- Constable (Waiter): 08 post
- Constable (Mali): 07 post
- Constable (Khoji): 08 post
Candidates must have possess Matriculation or equivalent degree from recognized university/Board with
1) 2 years work experience in respective trades
2) 1 year certificate course from Industrial Training Institute/Vocational institute with at least 1 year
experience in the trade
3) 2 years diploma from Industrial Training Institute in the trade or similar trade.
Candidates must have Height-167.5 cms, Chest-78 to 83 cms and weight must be proportionate to height as per medical standard.
Relaxation for others as per Government order
Pay scale for Constable Tradesmen in BSF as pay band I Rs 5200/- to 20200/- and Grade pay Rs 2000/- plus others allowances.
Age limit for BSF Recruitment 2014 (Constable)- 18 years to 23 years and age relaxation as per Govt order.
1) Document verification
2) Physical Standard Test (PST)
3) Physical Efficiency Test (PET): 5 kilometers race to be completed within 24 minutes
4) Trade Test: Only qualifying in nature
5) Written Test (100 marks with 100 question)
Pass marks for General candidates and ex servicemen-35% and and for SC/ST/OBC 33%
6) Medical Examination
How to Apply
Eligible candidates are required to prescribed application forms available in the BSF website www.bsf.nic.in.
After filled up application form it must be sent along with passport size photograph to Concerned
Headquarter, under which their state falls. See details notification from following links.