Burdwan University Teacher Recruitment 2014
Name of Posts: Teachers
Number of Posts: 12
Last Date: 20/11/2014
Qualification Burdwan University Teacher Recruitment 2014:
Minimum eligibility Criteria for Department of Performing Arts & Music:
a) Candidates have to possess Good academic record with a Ph. D degree in the concerned/ allied/ relevant disciplines,
b) A Master’s degree in concerned / allied / relevant disciplines with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed),
c) Candidates have to possess minimum 2nd class 3 years Bachelor’s Degree with Honours/ Major in the relevant/ allied subject, d) A minimum of 8 (eight) years of experience of teaching and/ or research in an academic/ research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or reputed research institution/ industry with a number of good quality publications in reputed journals and/ or publication of books.
For Professor posts: PB Rs 37,400 – 67,000 plus AGP Rs 10,000;
For Associate Professor posts: PB Rs 37,400 – 67,000 plus AGP Rs 9,000 & Assistant Professor–PB Rs 15,600–39,100 plus AGP Rs 6,000.
How to apply:
Candidates are required to apply in prescribed format which must be downloaded from the University Website : www.buruniv.ac.in [Price of forms: Rs.1500 (General Category), Rs.1000 (Reserved Category) for PB – Rs 37,400-67,000 with AGP Rs 10,000 & AGP RS 9,000; Rs 1000 (General Category), Rs 750(Reserved Category) for PB –Rs 15,600-39,100 with AGP Rs 6,000
Applcation form must be sent along with a Crossed Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Finance officer of the University of Burdwan or a cash challan of the University cash counter of requisite price for the above mention posts.
Applicants must have the minimum qualifications & experience as per relevant latest recruitment guidelines of UGC and latest Memorandum of Govt of West Bengal for the Teachers in the State-aided Universities. Completed application in the prescribed form along with photocopies of two sets of all credentials must reach the office of the Registrar by 20/11/2014
1) A relaxation of 5% in the marks may be provided for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/Differently-able (physically as well as visually) categories;
2) Period of time taken by the candidates to acquire M Phil and/or Ph D degree shall not be considered as teaching/research experience to be claimed for appointment to the post of Associate Professor/Professor;
3) A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) may be considered while deciding on the selection criterion;
(4) Candidates applying for the posts of Associate Professors and Professors are requested to submit Self-Assessment for the Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) in the format of UGC.
(5) A relaxation of 5% may be provided for the minimum eligibility marks of 55% at the Master level to the Ph D degree holders who have obtained their Masters degree prior to September 19, 1991.
Note: The details educational qualification, experience, age limit, selection process, how to apply are available in the website. Candidates are requested to see the details advertisement before apply.