Last date for receipt of applications : 12/12/2014
Announcement of Shortlisted candidates
for Written Test in IGCAR website : 26/12/2014
Written Test : 11/01/2015
Interview : 02/02/2015 to 06/02/2015
Likely Date of Joining : 23/02/2015
IGCAR Recruitment 2014
Name of Post: Junior Research Fellows
Total number of vacancy: 50
Qualification: BE/ B.Tech, M.Sc/ M.Tech
Age limit: Maximum age 28 years
Last date: 12/12/2014
Name of Discipline:
2) Materials Science
4) Computer Science
6) Materials Science & Engineering
7) Materials Technology
8) Applied Physics
9) Applied Electronics
10) Chemical Engineering
(Those who have obtained their B.Tech degree in Chemical Engineering under
the category of petroleum, polymer, sugar, oil, soap technology etc., are not
eligible to apply)
11) Mechanical Engineering
12) Atmospheric Science
13) Nuclear Engineering/Nuclear Science & Technology
14) Library and Information Science
Candidates should have consistent good academic record and candidates should have secured minimum of 60% at post graduation and graduation levels from a recognized University.
Candidates should possess BE/ B.Tech, M.Sc/ M.Tech. The details discipline wise qualification are available in the Notification.
Maximum age limit of the candidates 28 years as on 01/07/2014.
Age relaxation upto 5 years for SC/ST candidates, 3 years for OBC candidates and 10 years for Physically challenged applicants.
Selection process will be based on Written Test and Interview.
Exemption from WRITTEN TEST:
Suitable candidates satisfying any of the following will be exempted from the written test and will be called directly for the selection interview.
1) Candidates with valid UGC-CSIR-NET Fellowship.
2) Candidates with valid JEST score of 90 percentile and above.
3) Candidates inducted to M.E./M.Tech. degree through GATE score, with an aggregate of 60% or higher in their M.E./M.Tech. degree
4) Candidates with valid GATE score above a cut-off will be called for interview
The Interview for all short listed candidates will be conducted at CHENNAI/ KALPAKKAM.
How to Apply:
The Application form and Hall Ticket form can be downloaded from the IGCAR website www.igcar.gov.in Send the completed Application form and Hall Ticket form along with the required enclosures by Post (Registered or Speed post of Indian Postal service), so as to reach IGCAR on or before 12/12/2014 to the following address.
The Assistant Administrative Officer [R],
Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research,
Kalpakkam – 603 102.
Candidates have to Superscribed on the envelope: “JRF, Advt. No. 3/2014” & also the discipline clearly
Attested certificates to be attached with Application form
1) Date of birth proof certificate (SSC/HSC Certificate or Birth Certificate)
2) Degree Certificates
3) Caste Certificate, if applicable
4) Mark lists of B.Sc./M.Sc./ Master in Library & Information Science MLIS/B.E./B.Tech./M.E./M.Tech./B.S. Engg./B.Sc[Tech].
5) Consolidated mark sheets and calculation for aggregate marks of the qualifying exams to be attached.
6) Sheet giving details of conversion from CGPA to percentage marks, where
7) UGC-CSIR NET Fellowship certificate, JEST score sheet, GATE score sheet where applicable.
Note: The details Criteria such as educational qualification, age limit, selection process, how to apply, application process for the above mention posts are available in the website. Candidates are requested to see the details notification/advertisement from the website before apply.